CHâTEAUX - CHâTEAUXMAS (No7)
Our final update of 2012! We finished our year with our 7th release (pictured above), and Châteaux are certainly a band to be watching out for in 2013.
I’d like to take the time to thank every single band that has chosen to release with us here at Twisted Tape Recordings, and to every single person who has bought a cassettes/posted about a release/read this blog. All of your support is what keeps us going, and we have some very exciting plans for 2013.
Until then, I sincerely hope you’ve had a wonderful 2012, and here’s to an even better 2013.
Pale Seas - The Devil Waltz (No. 6)
Very excited to bring you our 6th release of 2012, in the form of the magnificent Pale Seas’ EP - The Devil Waltz. It was premiered by the lovely folk at This is Fake DIY Today, and you can listen to the EP in full below. Enjoy!
So yeah, it’s been a while.
It’s been far too long since we’ve had a proper update here at Twisted Tape, but it’s only because things have been so busy! Let me take you down a recap road ..
- Our Deap Vally Cassette sold out in a matter of two gig dates! A really special release that I’m very proud of.
- An Blonds beautiful cassette came out at the start of this month, and we received some fantastic press on it. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/oct/08/new-band-an-blonds
- There are a few remaining copies of all our releases left available over at http://www.twistedtaperecordings.bandcamp.com
- Our next release is with the wonderful Pale Seas, and it will be our last of the year before we take a break over the Christmas period. There may just be a Christmas special before we do calm down though .. !
A Serious Update
It’s been a while since we here at Twisted Tape towers have had the chance to catch our own breath, nevermind update the world on our progress! Over the past month we have almost sold out our runs of Temple Songs and Base Ventura cassettes, while our Drop Out Venus pre-orders have also sold extremely well. However it is our release with Deap Vally that has stood out the most, with the 5 special pre-orders selling out in minutes, and the remainder of the cassettes sure to sell out on the band’s current UK tour.
Our next release is with the fantastic An Blonds, who you can find out more about on our roster page. In the meantime I will leave you with Deap Vally and Drop Out Venus, both of whom are incredible bands that we’re entirely grateful for letting us release their music!
New Roster Announcement!
After an incredibly successful first gig for Twisted Tape Recordings last night with the fantastic Chateaux and Spring King, we’ve woken up today with the exciting news that An Blonds have joined our roster!
You can find out more information about An Blonds on our Roster page, however in brief they are a band that has already attracted the attention of many of the UK’s leading music blogs, and are set to enter the second half of 2012 with a cassette release which will have arguably our most special packaging yet. More information will be released closer to the release date, but in the meanwhile you can head over to the band’s bandcamp to enjoy their currently available tracks.
Pre-orders & all that jazz.
Pre-orders should be arriving in the next few days for all those who ordered the Base Ventura and Temple Songs releases, after a hugely enjoyable launch night a week ago at the Castle Hotel! We’ve got another fantastic pre-order to release in the coming weeks, along with a very special announcement this Thursday; an addition to our roster that I’m hugely excited to tell you about!
In the meantime, make sure to come down to The Salutation in Manchester for Twisted Tape’s second gig, where we’re hosting Spring King and Chateaux. It’s set to be a busy one, and as it’s free make sure you get down early!
Our First Releases!!
Our first releases are now available to Pre-order on our label bandcamp! These include Base Ventura’s self-titled EP, and Temple Songs’ incredible cover of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. As these are our first two releases, we’re providing free P&P to the UK, and heavily reduced rates for Europe and the USA. Listen to both releases below:
And remember, our launch night is on the 6th August at the Castle Hotel in Manchester!
Base Ventura have released the video to 1:52, a track from their debut EP due out on a very limited edition cassette on the 6th August.
New Roster Addition/Launch Night/UPDATE
It’s been a mega busy couple of weeks since we last filed a report here at TTR, however in the interim we’ve had some very exciting developments!
1. Deap Vally have joined our roster! I can’t explain how excited I am about this, they’re a fantastic two piece from LA who have already drawn comparisons to Jack White and Led Zeppelin. Their release is set to come out in Mid-August, and each cassette will come in a handmade cotton pouch with a specially commisioned illustration on either side. It’s going to be seriously special!
2. Our launch night is set for the 6th August at the Castle Hotel in Manchester. We have Twisted Tape 001 and 002 (Base Ventura and Temple Songs) set to perform, and the first batch of cassettes will there on sale. All the event details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/338699046211168/
3. Mary Anne Hobbs has been talking about us! She talked about the Deap Vally release on her show last night, and she’s told me she’s going to talk about it all of this week! What a hero she is :)
Until the 6th .. x
Cassettes Have Arrived!
This afternoon brought us the delivery of our first two Cassette releases! Below is a photo of how both the Base Ventura and Temple Songs tapes will look like, and this in turn means we’re very close to the finished, bespoke packaged product!
Full track listing and details for purchase will be available in the very near future.